Quilted Lattice Pattern
The 3-needle join is used to join 2 separate layers of knitted fabric together into 1 working layer by holding the layers parallel to each other and knitting them together.
- Hold needles parallel in left hand with right sides of both pieces togther or facing each other, according to pattern directions.
- Insert needle into top stitch on front needle, then top stitch on back needle.
- Knit together a stitch from the front needle with one from the back by putting right needle through front stitch, then back stitch, wrap and pull working yarn through both stitches.
- Slide both stitches up and off of needles.
- Repeat previous step, so you have 2 stitches on the right needle. Insert left needle into second stitch on right needle.
- Lift that stitch up and over the first stitch and off the needle to bind-off.
- *Knit together a stitch from the front and back needles, and slip the first stitch over the second to bind-off. Repeat from * across, then fasten off last stitch.